Are Traps An Effective Method Of Rodent Control In Nashville?
January 10, 2023
If you own a home or business in Nashville, you've likely encountered an unwanted rodent at least a few times in or around your property. If you need effective pest control in Nashville, Cima Solutions is the right company for you. Read on to find out why.
How To Identify Common Types Of Rodents In Nashville
Think you've spotted a small rodent or a big rodent in your Nashville home or business? Here are some tips to identify different types of rodents commonly found in the area:
- Roof rats: Roof rats are also known as black rats or ship rats. Roof rats have a body between six and eight inches long, with a tail of about equal length. They are brown rodents with black intermixed, and their underside can be gray, white, or black. Roof rats are long and thin with scaly tails, large ears, and large eyes.
- Pack rats: Pack rats are also known as wood rats. Pack rats are small rodents with pale gray or reddish-brown colors. Their feet and undersides are generally white in color. Pack rats have large ears, hairy tails, and soft, dense fur. The total size of their body and tail is between 8 and 20 inches in length.
- Squirrels: Squirrels are small omnivores that have slender bodies, big, bushy tails, and large eyes. They have short and soft fur which can be white, gray, yellow, red, brown, or black in color.
- Gophers: There are over 100 types of gophers in the United States, but most of them can be easily identified by their small eyes, long front teeth, small ears, and short tails. Gophers can be between 5 and 10 inches long and their fur color is usually brown. They like to be alone and are usually busy building complex tunnel systems, including under your yard or garden.
- Mice: House mice are usually a light brown or dusty gray color with cream-colored undersides. Their bodies are fairly round, their muzzles are pointed, and their ears are hairy and large. While their bodies are between 2 1/2 and 3 3/4 inches long, mouse tails are usually 2 1/4 to 4 inches long, either just the same or slightly longer than their actual bodies.
From this list, almost all rodents can be found in the Nashville area for one reason or another. If you suspect that there's a rodent problem on your property, do not hesitate to get in touch with our expert team who can help you get rid of rodents.
The Diseases Spread By Rodents
Rodents are responsible for spreading a multitude of diseases. If there is a rodent infestation in your Nashville home, you can expect these rodents to eventually get you or your pets sick. Some diseases spread by rodents in Tennessee include, but are not limited to:
- Rat bite fever
Make sure to contact a medical professional if you believe you've been exposed to rodents and are feeling ill.
Why Won't Traps Always Get Rid Of Rodents?
The real reason that most rodent traps fail is that traps are likely not being placed by a professional. Perhaps you are handling rodent bait with your bare hands, placing the traps in the wrong place, or using the wrong type of trap or bait. All of these are potential reasons that your traps are failing to effectively get rid of rodents. In addition, traps only work for a very small number of rodents, as most of the infestation is likely hiding out of sight.
Nashville's Secret Weapon To Complete Rodent Control
Want complete rodent control for your Nashville property? Contact our experts at Cima Solutions for a job well done each and every time. We're dedicated to providing exemplary customer service to ensure that we truly take care of our customers' needs. Our local company only hires the best technicians who take the time to do the job correctly, know the local area like the back of their hand, and truly understand what customers and their homes or businesses need. For personalized and professional pest control solutions, including the best rodent pest control around Nashville, call Cima Solutions to schedule a free inspection today.