How To Get The Rodents Out Of Your Walls In Nashville
July 30, 2022
There are few things as disturbing as hearing rodents crawling around inside your walls. Just knowing these furry pests are living that close to where you sleep is enough to cause much personal distress. Thankfully, there are solutions for rodent problems and easy ways to get these pests out fast. If you are in need of immediate rodent control, call us now. We would be happy to schedule your home for an emergency service visit. To learn more about the rodents in your walls, here are some things to consider today.
Before we talk about how to get rid of rodents, let’s first break down some methods homeowners use to keep these pests out in the first place. If you are not currently dealing with an active infestation, the following exclusion tips are for you.
- Identify holes, cracks, and gaps in your home’s exterior foundation. Use a caulking gun and some steel wool to fill in these potential entry points.
- Make sure all of your window/door screens are in good condition.
- Keep windows and doors closed when you are not using them.
- Install door sweeps under all doors leading out of your home.
- Make sure your chimney has a rodent-proof cap.
- Install metal screens over outputs and unprotected vents leading out of your home.
How To Bait Rodents Out Of Your Walls
One method homeowners use to eliminate rodents indoors is traps and bait. We recommend this method for small infestations of three or fewer rodents. Any more than this and you will have trouble culling populations faster than these pests can breed. To maximize your chances of success, only use high-quality snap traps and bait these traps with peanut butter. Although rodents may go after cheese, it is much easier to steal from traps. Peanut butter requires the rodents to lick and press making snapping mechanisms more likely to trigger. As for where to place traps, we recommend putting them down in areas you think rodents are traveling. This might include along walls and in the back of the pantry, cupboards, and cabinets. Just make sure if you have children or pets not to place traps where they might accidentally wander into them.
Deterring Rodents From A Particular Area In Your Home
Exclusion is your only option when it comes to keeping out small rodents. One other option we recommend is addressing attractants. This can help make your living areas less alluring to hungry and thirsty invaders. To help you with this, here are six prevention tips we recommend.
- Keep your living areas as clean as possible.
- Clean up clutter and organize your living areas.
- Store leftover food inside air-tight containers.
- Clean out your pets' food and water bowls after every meal.
- Address moisture issues in and around your home.
- Take out your trash weekly and make sure bins have tight-fitting lids.
Humane Rodent Infestation Treatments In Nashville
If you are looking for a way to humanely remove rodents from your Nashville home, we have options for you at Cima Solutions. Our team understands that rodents are only a problem when they enter properties. We would be happy to inspect your home for pest pressures and to safely remove any wild rodents we find. For year-round protection against rodents and other area pests, consider investing in one of our detailed residential pest control plans. When it comes to pest control in Nashville, no one will take care of you like our team. Call now to find out more about our services and schedule your Nashville home for a rodent control visit.