Should I Invest In Professional Pest Control For Nashville's Bed Bugs?
July 01, 2022
Inside your home, the place you need to feel the most comfortable is the bed. After a long day of work, you want to be able to lie down and enjoy a good night's rest without the fear of being bitten while you sleep. Bed bugs destroy that feeling of peace and relaxation in your home. Waking up and discovering bites on your arms, legs, back, or other areas where your skin was exposed is not what you want to experience.
If you have bites on your body after sleeping in your bed, it is time to get the best Nashville pest control team from Cima Solutions. We are bed bug experts and know how to eliminate them in your Nashville home.
What Do Bed Bugs In Nashville Look Like?
If you’ve never had a bed bug problem, you may not know what these little parasites look like. You can identify bed bugs in Nashville by the following:
- Color: Bed bed bugs are reddish-brown; unfed bed bugs are mahogany.
- Shape: When full of blood, the bugs are elongated and swollen. When they are unfed, they are flat.
- Size: Adult bed bugs are 1/4 inch long.
Although it may appear that bed bugs have wings, they do not possess them and cannot fly. Nymphs (baby bed bugs) are hard to see because of their small size and almost colorless appearance; however, adult bed bugs are visible to the naked eye.
Are You Struggling With A Bed Bug Infestation?
If you notice small, itchy, and red bites on your body, you may have bed bugs. Other signs of infestation include reddish-brown spots, skins shed by the bugs due to molting, eggs or the shells of eggs, and the bugs themselves.
If signs of bed bugs are present on mattresses, walls, or upholstery, you have bed bugs. Look for more signs behind headboards, picture frames, and baseboards. They are also known to live inside electrical outlets and underneath wallpaper. Bed bugs can squeeze into an area the width of a credit card, so no place is too small for them to inhabit.
Six Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
If you see signs of bed bugs, you need to act before they take over your home. The following are six bed bug control techniques for your home:
- Steam clean all mattresses, carpets, bed frames, furniture, and upholstery at 130℉. Use a diffuser to avoid scattering the bugs.
- Freeze items at 0℉ in a sealed bag for four days. Most freezers are not typically at 0℉, be sure the temperature is correct.
- Wash and dry all clothing in the hottest settings for your washer and dryer.
- Vacuum the floors. Pay attention to the baseboards and any cracks and crevices in the home.
- Seal untreatable items in a plastic bag for up to one year.
- Remove infested furniture and dispose of or destroy it.
These natural treatments kill bed bugs quickly, but they take work and time. Some people immediately use foggers, but these can be dangerous if not handled properly, and they will not infiltrate the areas where bed bugs hide. The best way to effectively eliminate bed bugs from your Nashville home is to use bed bug control professionals like the team at Cima Solutions.
Professional Bed Bug Control In Nashville
For the best bed bug pest control near you, contact Cima Solutions. Because we want to help you rest comfortably in your home, we use treatments that are both effective and eco-friendly. Contact us today, to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Nashville, and let's kick the bed bugs out of your bed!