Trusted Pest Control Services In Green Hills, TN
Green Hills is a wonderful place to live. Pests think so too. But pests don't live in Green Hills because of friendly neighbors and all that the mall has to offer for shopping and entertainment. Pests live here because the weather is perfect for raising a little pest family.
How do you keep pests from raising a family in your yard or inside your home? We have some tips that will help you get control of Green Hills pests. Join us as we look at DIY pest maintenance and how Wilson County pest control can help.
Residential Pest Control In Green Hills, TN
Do you see the occasional centipede clinging to a wall? Do spiders startle you in your bathroom? Do you have ant mounds all through your lawn? Pests can be a nuisance inside and outside of your home. If you understand why, you can have great success keeping them out.
- When weeds start to take over your lawn, tiny flowers on those weeds can provide a food source for a long list of pests, including bees, wasps, mosquitoes, and ants. Addressing a weed problem can reduce potential pest problems by removing a desirable food source.
- When leaves pile up in your landscaping or underneath your deck, many pests hide underneath. If you have lots of pests in those leaves, you have a greater chance of having pest problems in your home. Blow leaves out of your landscaping and out from underneath exterior structures.
- When pests explore your exterior, they come in through cracks and gaps that can be sealed by applying a caulking material. Do this around utilities, doors, and windows. Also be sure to replace weatherstripping, door sweeps, and screens that aren't creating a complete seal.
It is a lot of work to address conditions that inspire pest activity and allow pest entry. For this reason, many Green Hills residents get year-round residential pest control service. A licensed professional applies specialized knowledge and trusted products to reduce pests, even in challenging environments.
Commercial Pest Control In Green Hills, TN
Pests are not welcome in any commercial environment and neither are some of the products employees use to address pest problems. We recommend training your staff to use pest maintenance. Here are a few examples:
- Make sure trash is routinely removed from your property. Thoroughly clean receptacles and dumpsters to remove odors and move receptacles and dumpsters away from entry points. Many flying insects are attracted to trash.
- Keep indoor spaces as clean as possible. If pests take a peek inside your business, you want them to be disappointed by the lack of food options.
- Keep things organized and refrain from creating piles. Pests hide in piles.
Every business can benefit from year-round pest control service. A commercial pest control specialist will develop and implement a multi-pronged plan to reduce pest activity and apply multiple layers of protection to keep pests out. These services work hand-in-hand with your staff's general pest maintenance.
The Dangers Rodents Bring To Green Hills Properties
Mice, rats, and squirrels are considered domestic rodents, but they're not domesticated rodents. While they have a strong attraction to living near people, they aren't entirely commensal. Given certain circumstances, rodents can make people sick and cause property damage. Your pest maintenance can reduce the risk of sickness and property damage.
- Mice and rats use lawn clutter to navigate. A clutter-free lawn is a rodent-resistant lawn.
- All rodents can access your roof by way of tree branches. Trim branches away from your roofline to help prevent this.
- Squirrels love nuts. If you have nut-producing trees, be sure to stay on top of raking them up.
- All rodents love seeds. Remove bird feeders or move them well away from your exterior to reduce rodent activity in your perimeter.
- Use the exclusion tips given above to make it more difficult for rodents to get into your home through gaps and cracks.
When more control is needed due to conducive conditions or higher than normal rodent pressures, trapping may be necessary. We recommend hiring a rodent control professional for this. If you're in Green Hills, reach out to us here at Cima Solutions for assistance.
A Step-By-Step Ant Control Guide For Green Hills Property Owners
Ants can come into your home by the thousands. Here are the steps to arrest an ant problem with natural pest maintenance:
- Suck the ants up with a vacuum and dispose of the bag outside.
- Clean the areas where you found the ants, including their trails.
- Remove the food source(s) that brought them in.
- Use a caulking gun to seal potential gaps they used to gain entry into your home.
- Replace weatherstripping on exterior doors.
- On the outside of your home, remove organic debris.
If you do these things, you may stop seeing ants inside. In cases where ants are being particularly troublesome, the ants will need to be properly identified and treated with appropriate ant control products. For assistance with this in Green Hills, reach out to us. The service team here at Cima Solutions looks forward to helping you find the right solution for your ant control issue.
How To Get Cockroaches Out Of Your Green Hills Home
Cockroaches are common pests, especially in our area, where we have humid summers and wet winters. They thrive in our climate and have no problem moving into whatever Green Hills home they can find their way inside. Cockroaches aren't just common pests; they're also dangerous pests. They frequent many dirty areas, picking up disease-causing pathogens along the way, so when they get into your house, they'll spread those pathogens around your living spaces.
If you have reason to believe you have cockroaches in your home, you need to know how to get rid of cockroaches in Green Hills homes. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to eliminate a cockroach infestation. Cockroaches are good at hiding and getting into hard-to-reach areas of your house, so once they're inside, you can't simply clean out your cupboards and assume you took care of the problem. Instead, you'll need the professional services of Cima Solutions. We offer comprehensive cockroach control services to thoroughly treat your home to fully eliminate your cockroach problem, no matter where they're hiding.
All The Ways Fleas Get Into Green Hills Homes
Fleas are annoying pests that are tough to get rid of once they get into your house. Not only will they cover you in itchy bites, but they can also be dangerous, especially to the furry members of your family. Avoiding a flea infestation is far better than dealing with an active infestation, but how can you do that? Knowing how fleas get into Green Hills homes is a good start.
Although fleas can be brought into your house from someone else's house by riding in on a guest, most fleas that get into your home start outside your front door. Fleas can be brought onto your lawn and surrounding property in several ways but most often find their way there from local wildlife. They can be brought inside by your pets, your children, or even by finding their way inside.
If you want to avoid getting fleas in your house, make your yard unattractive to wildlife to lessen the chances of fleas ending up there. Remove debris, food and water sources, and harborage areas. It also helps to keep your pets up-to-date on their flea treatments and to have a preventative flea treatment done around your property. For an outdoor flea treatment or to get rid of fleas already in your Green Hills house, contact Cima Solutions today!
Why Professional Mosquito Control For Your Green Hills Yard Is A Good Idea
There's a lot to love about summertime, but mosquitoes aren't one of those things. These biting pests can ruin an evening outside faster than a sudden rainstorm and leave you much more uncomfortable. However, the itchiness of their bites is the least worrisome thing when it comes to mosquito bites. Mosquitoes can transmit some serious diseases through those bites, so having a lot of mosquitoes in your Green Hills yard is not something you want.
Professional mosquito control for your Green Hills yard is a good idea because it safely and efficiently keeps the mosquito population low on your property. In addition to eliminating areas of standing water on your property, it's the best thing to keep mosquitoes away from your yard. Cima Solutions provides mosquito control services to help you stay safe and comfortable while spending time outdoors.
The Complete Guide To Effective Tick Prevention In Green Hills
Ticks have become an increasingly problematic pest over the years as their populations have increased along with the frequency with which they spread diseases. Avoiding ticks is the best way to prevent the problems they cause, but this is easier said than done. While certain preventative measures you can take on your own body when you spend time outdoors, there are also tick prevention steps you can take right on your Green Hills property.
- Since ticks often end up in your yard when brought there by wildlife, making your property unattractive to wildlife can help reduce the number of ticks on it. Do this by:
- Keeping your grass trimmed
- Removing debris and leaf litter from your lawn
- Removing potential harborage areas, such as wood piles or rock walls, from your property or moving them farther away from your house
- Eliminating food and water sources outside your house
- Ticks often end up in transition areas where your maintained lawn ends and taller grasses and brush begins. Consider creating a barrier between these spaces with crushed rock or wood chips.
- Ticks may end up on your pets if they spend time outdoors. Keep them up-to-date on their flea and tick treatments to prevent them from bringing ticks onto your property.
- If ticks are still an issue on your Green Hills lawn, consider getting a tick treatment from Cima Solutions.
A tick control treatment will eliminate the ticks on your property so you can spend time outside without worry. Contact us for more information.