Cockroaches In Nashville, TN
Cockroaches are more common in homes than most people think. Many don't realize they may be inviting these dangerous pests into their house. While this is the case, pest control professionals in Nashville can help keep cockroaches out of your home and your family safe.
What are cockroaches?
Three cockroach species are most common in the Nashville area:
- German cockroaches are light brown to tan with two dark stripes. They are 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch long and can fly but rarely do.
- American cockroaches are reddish-brown with a yellowish figure 8 pattern. They are 1 1/4 to 2 1/8 inches long and can fly short distances.
- Oriental cockroaches are black with a shiny appearance. They are about 1 inch long and are wingless.
No matter what species you are dealing with, you will want to get rid of them quickly!
Are cockroaches dangerous?
Cockroaches are problematic and dangerous pests because they spread diseases, affect asthma and allergies, and cause contamination. When cockroaches infest, they leave saliva, waste, and shed skins wherever they go, which causes the problems listed previously. And because most species are nocturnal, you may not even know they are there for some time.
Why do I have a cockroach problem?
Unfortunately, people can attract an infestation by unknowingly offering these pests adequate food, water, and shelter opportunities. What makes an infestation more likely is if there are easy ways for cockroaches to get inside, which can happen through cracks in the foundation, uncovered drains, and damaged screens.
Where will I find cockroaches?
You'll find cockroaches can in multiple places on a residential property. They are usually attracted to kitchens because of the abundant food sources provided. However, species like American cockroaches have a high moisture need, so they'll be near drains, bathrooms, and other moist areas like laundry rooms and basements.
How do I get rid of cockroaches?
The best way to handle a cockroach infestation is with professional assistance. Cockroaches are notoriously challenging to get rid of, especially German cockroaches.
At Cima Solutions, we offer specialty German cockroach control, which includes sticky traps, gel bait, non-repellent sprays, and insect growth regulator systems. Your service professional will determine the right treatments for your home based on the level of the infestation. After the initial treatment, there are two follow-up visits to ensure your problem is gone.
How can I prevent cockroaches in the future?
As you read above, cockroaches are unsanitary, dangerous, and challenging to get rid of. No one wants these pests in their home, especially after getting rid of an active infestation. So to prevent future infestations from happening, use these four expert-recommended tips:
- Clean up crumbs and spills right away, store food in sealed containers, take out the garbage regularly, use bins with a lid that fits, and clean up pet waste in your yard.
- Repair leaks and water damage, inspect moisture barriers for damage, use dehumidifiers, keeps gutters clear, and remove debris from your yard, especially around the foundation.
- Keep the interior and exterior of your home clutter-free and organized.
- Seal cracks in the foundation, install covers on vents and drains, repair damaged screens, and install weatherstripping.
Don't try to get rid of cockroaches on your own. Doing so will only cost you time, money, and stress. Instead, let our service professionals at Cima Solutions provide quick and effective cockroach control.