One of the most successful business economies in Tennessee, Nashville is no stranger to high traffic. Hundreds of small businesses employ thousands of hardworking Nashville employees, but managing a business also comes with its unique set of challenges. One of the biggest threats any business can face is pest infestation. Pests of all shapes and sizes, such as cockroaches, flies, mice, rats, and more, love to make their homes in commercial facilities throughout Nashville, and office buildings are no exception. Your workspace should be where you can expect to focus on your work with minimal distractions, but there are few things more unsightly than seeing a cockroach or rodent scurrying across your desk or floor.
Not only will a pest presence create a disturbance for workers, but it can also disturb clients, customers, and visitors, completely derailing your business efforts. Outlined below are how to identify several significant concerns, including how to tell if your office building has a pest infestation, the importance of regular pest control for your office space, and five handy pest control tips to practice in your office building. By implementing the efforts we describe in our article, and with a bit of help from a trained commercial pest control professional, you will be well on your way to a pest-free facility in no time!
How To Tell If There Are Pests Inside Your Office Building
Have you ever been concentrating at your desk when you suddenly find yourself distracted by a faint scratching sound in the walls, or maybe you’ve had to conduct business at a local office when a fly buzzed past your nose? A pest disturbance can bring any commercial operations to a screeching halt. Unfortunately, not every pest problem is so apparent. Listed below are some ways to identify pest problems in your office building.
Droppings & Urine
Seeing droppings around your property indicates that you may have a problem with mice, rats, or other pests. Fecal matter is usually dark in color. You may also spot urine stains from pests, especially in areas around food, kitchens, or other shared eating spaces. Rodents also leave behind oily streaks on the surfaces they come into contact with.
Gnaw Marks On Stored Goods & Food Products
Most office buildings and commercial spaces offer break rooms for their employees, and any location where food is stored is likely to attract pests. You may be tipped off to pests if you see gnaw marks on food packaging or other stored goods. This can be evidence that pests, mice, or other rodents are trying to access the food inside.
If your office has become infested, you may start to notice strange smells. Cockroaches sometimes have an oily smell, while bed bugs have a musty odor; mice may have a scent similar to ammonia. In this case, pest control services can inspect your office, as they are familiar with these smells that are commonly associated with certain pests.
Even if you haven’t spotted signs of pests, you may notice physical damage to your office space. For example, wood damage may have been caused by termites or carpenter ants. Conversely, rodents might chew through electrical wires and create holes in walls throughout your establishment.
Rustling Or Scratching Sounds
You might hear rustling or scratching sounds from inside the ceiling or walls, indicating pests may have invaded your office. The most likely culprit, in this case, is rodents, although different pests are capable of causing noise as well. For example, termites in your walls can create a faint scratching sound by chewing on the structural wood.
Sightings & Other Signs
Of course, the most obvious sign of a pest infestation is spotting pests, themselves. While you might think a bug or two in your building is no big deal, seeing one often usually means there are more hiding behind the walls or in out-of-reach, out-of-sight areas. At the first sight of bed bugs, mice, rats, or more, it’s important to contact a professional pest control service immediately. Cima Solutions is a local pest control company well-versed in handling pest pressures in Nashville.
How Important Is Regular Pest Control In Office Spaces?
Due to the fast-paced nature of a business setting, regular pest control measures are necessary – and an office workspace is no exception! It’s one thing to watch the shenanigans from behind a T.V. screen, but real-life office spaces require unprecedented attention and commitment. By instating regular commercial pest control services, you can help safeguard your building against the threat of pests.
At Cima Solutions, we are your one-stop shop for all your commercial pest control needs. Here are just a few reasons why local businesses choose us for all their pest assistance:
- We offer a wide range of services to fit the industries and needs of the Nashville area.
- We offer inspections of your property, forever on the house! Commercial services will always get a thorough property inspection.
- We practice the most advanced Integrated Pest Management methodology available.
- We provide instant service and property estimates over the phone.
- If pest activity persists between visits, we will come out as often as necessary to remove common Nashville pests at no additional cost.
Our experienced technicians strive for honesty and transparency throughout the commercial pest control process. Beginning with a thorough inspection, we will treat your entire property, including the interior, exterior, cracks and crevices, and the foundation.
Five Pest Control Tips For Nashville Offices
Whether you’ve already warded off a pest problem in your business or you wish to prevent one from happening, experts agree that taking proactive measures against pest infestations is the most effective way to control pests. Here are some simple yet effective ways you can keep pests from entering your office building:
- Dispose of garbage regularly using containers with tightly closed lids. Crumbs and food debris draw attention from ants, cockroaches, rodents, wild animals, and more. Using garbage cans and trash bins with tight-fitting covers will deter pests from entering your property and make it more difficult for them to gain access to food.
- Reduce clutter and areas where pests can easily hide. Most insects and animals are reclusive and only wish to be left alone, waiting until there are no people around to fulfill their most basic needs. Get rid of potential hiding spots for pests to make it more difficult for them to hide in your office.
- Remove any sources of food, water, or shelter. When you discover pests living in your office, it’s most likely because they have found access to any of these three things. Whether it’s cockroaches, mice, rats, or any other Nashville pest, getting rid of their access to food, water, and shelter eliminates their reason for entering in the first place.
- Seal and close off any cracks or holes to eliminate outside entry. This may seem obvious, but the impact can not be overstated. Use weatherstripping or door-seal kits to keep insects from entering along the sides or top of your door. Use a clear caulk to seal the joint where the door frame meets the wall and along the bottom of the frame where it meets the ground. These are all great ways to obstruct entry into your office.
- Store items in safe and enclosed containers. Not only does this keep your food fresh, but it’s also an effective way to keep pests out!
Commercial Property Pest Control Services Made Simple
From the smallest local businesses to the largest corporations, pests can be a massive problem for any office space. Instead of allowing pests to distract your employees and customers from staying focused on their day-to-day operations, reach out to Cima Solutions. We provide quality commercial pest control that offers long-lasting results. We have a plan for your office space, from general pest control to pest-specific programs such as brown recluse treatments, mosquito reduction, rodent control, and more.
Cima Solutions is here to protect your Nashville office building from any pests looking to take advantage of your property. Our experienced technicians will work diligently to resolve your pest problem quickly and efficiently. Because we are a local pest control company, we understand that every business is unique, and we will tailor our commercial services to meet the specific needs of your commercial building. At Cima Solutions, we believe we are the best commercial pest control company in Nashville; call now and see for yourself!